The automotiontech.com website (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Website’) is the property of AMT Automotiontech Limited.
AMT Automotiontech Limited has established and developed security and privacy protection measures designed to guarantee that the personal data of Website users is handled properly, in line with local and international security and privacy legislation. This document explains how users’ personal data is collected and/or used, who sees this information and how users can access, modify or delete their information. All personal data supplied by users through this Website is only employed for the purposes detailed below.
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HANDLING PERSONAL DATA
All the personal data supplied or collected when connecting to the Website will be handled by AMT Automotiontech Limited in its capacity as Data Controller.
Personal data will be processed by the members of staff at AMT Automotiontech Limited responsible for handling the personal data collected via the Website (including, among others, the members of staff authorised to manage the Website and provide associated services, as well as administrative personnel).
AMT Automotiontech Limited can also ask its service suppliers to carry out data processing operations on its behalf and in line with the instructions it provides. These suppliers will handle personal data in their capacity as Data Processors, on the basis of suitable contractual obligations.
2. PROCEDURES FOR COLLECTING INFORMATION
AMT Automotiontech Limited acquires personal information about its users through the contact form on its Website, as well as via automatic tracking systems.
3. THE TYPE OF DATA COLLECTED AND DATA HANDLING PROCEDURES
AMT Automotiontech Limited can collect and handle the following personal information on its users:
- Personal details (name and e-mail address);
- Website usage information. When a user visits our Website, we use certain kinds of technologies to automatically collect certain types of information regarding the way someone uses our products and services, such as their IP address or other unique identification codes associated with the device (computer, mobile phone or other devices) used by someone to browse our Website, technical information that can include their URL, information about their browser and their language. This information helps us constantly improve the Website experience and check that the Website is working properly. This information only includes statistical information concerning the actions carried out by users and is not designed to be linked to the type of information that identifies who users are. Personal data is stored and handled using AMT Automotiontech Limited’s own electronic system and is handled by the company itself or by third-party technical service suppliers.
4. COOKIE USAGE
5. HOW WE USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS
6. DATA ON UNDER-AGE USERS
This Website is not designed for users under the age of 18 and AMT Automotiontech Limited does not intentionally collect personal data about them.
If information concerning people under the age of 18 is accidentally collected, AMT Automotiontech Limited will undertake to delete their personal data immediately.
7. THE PURPOSES OF DATA HANDLING
The information we collect, including personal data, is used for the following purposes:
- to provide the services available on the Website;
- for the technical administration of the Website and its operating functions (such as logistics), including solving any technical problem that may occur, carrying out statistical analyses, tests and research;
- to hinder or uncover fraudulent activities or an improper use that could be detrimental to our Website or compromise navigation security;
- to respond to requests from users (e.g. handling requests for information);
- to promote AMT Automotiontech Limited’s products and services, including the sending out of sales, promotional or informative messages and periodical updates (e.g. via e-mail, telephone, SMS/MMS, post or through social networks) concerning products, services, promotions and events. Should users consent to the handling of their personal data for marketing purposes, such data may be handled in order to carry out statistical analyses, surveys and market research concerning AMT Automotiontech Limited’s products and services by post, telephone or e-mail as well.
8. DATA PROTECTION AND SECURITY
AMT Automotiontech Limited is committed to protecting its users’ data. All the personal information users supply is stored on the company’s in-house systems and secure servers. The company uses security measures that can protect data from unauthorised access or unauthorised changes and from the distribution or broadcasting of data. In order to hinder unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and guarantee the correct use of data, AMT Automotiontech Limited employs the necessary physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and protect the information and data stored on its system.
AMT Automotiontech Limited believes that the measures it has adopted reduce the possibility of security problems arising to an acceptable level, given the type of data in question. However, it does point out that the transmission of information over the Internet and other online or electronic data transmission systems involves inherent risks and that the security of information transmitted using such instruments cannot be guaranteed.
9. DATA STORAGE AND DELETION
AMT Automotiontech Limited only accesses, uses, handles, files and stores the personal data it collects for the purposes detailed in this document and in compliance with user consent, including implicit consent gained when the contact form is filled in or when users browse the Website.
Personal information is stored and deleted in compliance with AMT Automotiontech Limited’s security policy for the length of time necessary to carry out the purposes for which the data was collected and then handled, including any period of storage time required by applicable legislation (e.g. the storage of accounting records). A user can request that his or her data be deleted. In these cases, AMT Automotiontech Limited will comply with the user’s request, as long as it is not obliged to keep such personal information in order to comply with applicable legislation.
10. USERS’ RIGHTS AS REGARDS THEIR PERSONAL DATA
In compliance with Article 7 of legislative decree D.Lgs. 196/2003 on data protection (the Italian Data Protection Code) or other applicable legislation, AMT Automotiontech Limited offers its users a number of special rights, as listed below:
- Users have the right to obtain confirmation of the existence (or not) of personal data concerning them, even if it has not yet been recorded, and a description of such data in an intelligible form.
- Users have the right to obtain information regarding the origin of their personal data; regarding data handling procedures and purposes; regarding the rationale applied in the case of data handled using electronic instruments; regarding details identifying the Data Processor, Data Controller and the designated representative, in line with Article 5, paragraph 2 of the Italian Data Protection Code; and regarding the people or groups who could be sent their personal data or who could have access to it.
- Users have the right to obtain the following: updates, corrections or even additions to data should this be desirable; the deletion of data or its conversion into an anonymous form or the blocking of any data handled in violation of the law, including any data whose storage was not necessary given the purposes for which the data was collected or subsequently handled; confirmation that the instructions listed in the points above have been passed on to those who have received the data, as regards its content as well, except in those cases where it proves impossible to carry out this requirement or where it involves the use of means that are clearly disproportionate compared to the right being safeguarded.
- Users have the right to object, entirely or in part, to the handling of personal data about them for legitimate reasons, even if they are pertinent to the purpose for which the data was collected, and to the handling of personal data concerning them that will be used to send advertising or direct sales materials or in order to carry our market research or sales and marketing research.
- Should they wish to exercise these rights and request information concerning the personal data stored by our company, users can contact AMT Automotiontech Limited through the contact form on the Website. AMT Automotiontech Limited will answer their request within an acceptable amount of time, after having verified the identity of the person contacting them.
11. THE DATA CONTROLLER
As per Article 28 of the Italian Data Protection Code, or other applicable legislation, the Data Controller is AMT Automotiontech Limited, a company with registered office 13 Charles II street London UK, represented by its acting legal representative.